Business Shield provides protection against legal costs incurred during labour proceedings instituted by or against your business. This innovative product is underwritten by Trustco Insurance Limited providing the entrepreneur to concentrate on their business as opposed to labour disputes. The product offers the provision of a labour consultant to take care of disciplinary hearings and to represent the insured business during conciliation and arbitration proceedings.
If the need arises, a legal practitioner will be appointed to argue appeals in the Labour Court. On top of this all, the product provides access to a sophisticated yet user friendly back office which will facilitate access to all the labour documents the insured business may l ever need. Also included is a free debt collection benefit.
Who is covered?
Your business will be covered against labour related matters. In addition to labour related cover, all registered employees receive a free Funeral benefit to the maximum coverage of N$ 5 000 per employee.
- What benefits do I receive?
- Advice on all labour related matters;
- Provision of all employment contracts, policies, procedures and codes;
- Provision of all documents and process relating to disciplinary hearings;
- Representation during conciliation and arbitration proceedings if approved by the Labour Commissioner;
- Provision of a legal practitioner to argue your labour appeals in the Labour Court.
- Free debt collection benefit
- Free Funeral benefit for all registered employees
How do I claim?
Submit a claim form within 30 days of the occurrence of an event together with all relevant documentation pertaining to the labour related matter to the nearest Trustco Insurance office.
Once I have claimed, what happens next?
The claim will be assessed and after approval thereof, the case will be referred to a specialized labour consultant for further action.