One Shield is a combination of 5 of our Legal Shield products for you and your spouse at a reduced and affordable premium. The insured will enjoy all the benefits of the Legal Shield, Medi Shield, Salary Shield, Funeral Shield and the Elite Plan.
WHO IS COVERED?
You, your spouse or partner in a recognised customary union or co-habiting partner (under the age of 65) and a maximum of five (5) dependent children under the age of 21 who form part of the household are covered. Dependent children who study full-time at a recognised educational institution and who are under the age of 25 are included.
WHAT BENEFITS DO I RECEIVE?
1. Legal Shield: legal cost insurance with maximum cover of N$ 1.75 million per family,
2. Salary Shield: indemnifies the insured for up to N$ 40 000 per month, against the loss of salary/income due to illness . A daily hospital cash benefit of N$1 000 is included.
3. Medi Shield: insures you against the occurrence of specified illnesses for an amount of N$50 000 per illness.
4. Funeral Shield: pays up to N$20 000 per insured in the case of death and N$40 000 in case of death caused by an accident.
5. Elite Plan, an insurance against the cost of transporting mortal remains, with the additional benefits of estate planning, emergency evacuation and a funeral cash benefit of N$2 500.
CAN I ADD OPTIONAL BENEFITS TO ONE SHIELD?
Yes, additional cover can be added to this policy. The product is fully flexible and allows for additional legal cover of up to a maximum of N$1.75 million per family on the Legal Shield policy and an additional Medi-Shield cover of up to a maximum of N$150 000 per trauma. Other top-ups are also available.
HOW DO I CLAIM?
Submit a claim form with all relevant information and documents to your nearest Legal Shield office.
WHAT IS THE MONTHLY PREMIUM?
N$490-00 per month.
ADDITIONAL FUNERAL BENEFIT NOW ADDED!
The Insurer will pay a FREE Funeral Benefit upon the death of the Main Member or his/her registered spouse. The benefit shall be calculated using the monthly premium multiplied by 100. In order to qualify for this benefit the policy and all monthly premiums must be up to date for a period of 12 months preceding the death of the Main Member or his/her registered spouse.